7.14.2011

Killers Do Not Honor Cultural Affinity!

In memory of this dear 8 year old angel Leiby Kletzy, I decided to make this my topic today.

Trust no one! Some people seem to think that we can trust our own culture and community with our kids. A killer has no sense of culture or identification or even a conscience. Your next door neighbor, the person you borrow sugar from time to time, can be a killer. This little boy should not have trusted this man or even asked him for help. He should've walked up to an officer. At least this is what I taught my child to do if ever this were to happen to him. However, I'm assuming (not stating) that because he was of Jewish decent the boy felt comfortable enough to ask him for help. I understand. I will be the devils advocate for a second. I can see why this little boy trusted him. However, he was old enough to learn not to trust anyone Jewish or not. It pains me how this could've been avoided.

We want so much to believe that our community has our back. Hispanics support Hispanics! Blacks support Blacks! Jewish support Jewish! Big misconception! Disagree with me here! That's what this blog is for. Bring it on! This is real talk here! As the Latin saying goes "no tengo pelo en la lengua" which means in English "I have no hair in my tongue" so I will speak how I think and feel. Just because you live in a tightly knit community doesn't mean you're safe. In my neighborhood, I see 6 year old boys walking by themselves to the store or with their 4 year sibling because there are 2 synagogues on each corner. So what! Does that mean they are safe? I don't. Not with the recent molester that was walking around these parts 2 weeks ago. I even see them at 10pm at night walking around by themselves. I praise independence but really?

I hate when change occurs after a devastating event. Caylee's law might be put into affect soon but this darling angel had to be murdered first so that parents can be held accountable and be charged a second degree crime if they don't report their child missing within 24 hours. Really? This should've been a law a long time ago. Now she may get a book deal. I just don't comprehend this phenomenon.

Listen! Make sure your child knows how to scream "FIRE" or "RAPE" when under distress. Make them learn your telephone number by heart. Teach them to run for their lives to an officer if approached by ANY stranger. Stranger meaning someone you have never seen in your life. Cannot be based on culture. You hear me! Your kids should not base the significance of "STRANGER" having to do with culture. I know all of you understand. "He's Hispanic so I can trust him" or "Oh..he's Jewish so I can trust him." NO! Parents wake up!

YOUR BEST FRIEND CAN BE A MURDERER!

This can turn into a very controversial subject I know. It's just another murder of a child. This shouldn't turn into a culture thing or a community thing I know. However, I want to discuss facts here. I want to throw this discussion out there because I want my feelings to be heard and I have the forum for it. This event affects everyone with kids and it hits home hard.

I would love to hear your comments. Please agree or disagree I don't care. The point is our kids will be much safer if we understand the simple concept of "TRUST NO ONE". Not even your own kind!

This is real talk!

"Shema" Prayer for Children at Bedtime:

V'a-hav-ta eit A-do-nai E-lo-he-cha, B'chawl l'va-v'cha, u-v'chawl naf-sh'cha, u-v'chawl m'o-de-cha. V'ha-yu ha-d'va-rim ha-ei-leh, A-sher a-no-chi m'tsa-v'cha ha-yom, al l'va-ve-cha. V'shi-nan-tam l'-va-ne-cha, v'di-bar-ta bam, b'shiv-t'cha b'vei-te-cha, uv-lech-t'cha va-de-rech,u-v'shawch-b'cha uv-ku-me-cha. Uk-shar-tam l'ot al ya-de-cha, v'ha-yu l'to-ta-fot bein ei-ne-cha. Uch-tav-tam, al m'zu-zot bei-te-cha, u-vish-a-re-cha.

God bless you little one!

2 comments:

  1. Molesters, murders, pedophiles... they come in all shapes and colors!
    I remember my daughter being young and having her repeat things on a daily that I have taught her and would reassure her that nobody what anybody says to her she is to tell me ALL! When she watches the news these days she for sure understands why I am the way I am...
    People these days lets their young children go to the store alone and that's just crazy! Just a few weeks ago I saw what looked like a 6 year old boy with an even younger sibling... I was with Beatrice and voiced myself to her, she couldn't believe it either...
    At 8 years old I would never allow for my child to meet me anywhere...

    And that evil thing better not come out with a book!!! I swear I will boycott it! I will start a FB petition, oh my...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that no matter what anybody*

    ReplyDelete